You will be sent a Zoom link on the 10th of June to join the event on the 11th of June. If you do not receive the link please email Plasmonics-Forum@kcl.ac.uk
Please make sure you have to latest version of Zoom downloaded. (here)
Please make sure that your video is off unless you are participating in a breakout room or presenting. Please also make sure that your audio is muted too.
What is Zoom?
Zoom is software which facilitates online meetings, videoconferences, and collaboration.
What do I need to know about Zoom and my privacy?
Zoom is third-party software – it is hosted and administered by a private company outside of King’s. For you to access and use Zoom, either as a meeting ‘host’ or a ‘participant’, Zoom gathers some user data and data about the session.
What does Zoom capture?
Please see the detailed guidance about what is captured on the Zoom policy pages.
- Zoom GDPR policy: https://zoom.us/gdpr
The organisers have take steps to ensure that the default settings within our Zoom account protect our participants’ privacy as far as possible. These settings include (but are not limited to):
- Automatic recording: off
- Recording disclaimer: on (if a host records a meeting you will be notified)
- Display participant names in recordings: off
- Auto-saving chats: off
- Allow participants to record session: off
- Allow users to sign in with Google: off
- Allow users to sign in with Facebook: off